Experience and networks our clients need
Our partners have served for more than a combined 40 years, in the most senior roles, in every major aspect of private equity investment
- Through multiple cycles and discontinuities
- As fiduciaries, portfolio managers, general partners, and many other senior positions – for institutional and non-institutional investors
- Across sub-asset classes, from venture and growth capital, to mezzanine and distressed
We’ve done it. We understand it. We have the relationships.
Partner, rather than simply invest
Everything we do as a firm is designed to invest for our clients as partners. To that end, we
- Seek clients with similar attributes and goals
- Limit their number so we can tailor our service to each
- Foster enduring relationships, through constant collaboration within and beyond particular mandates
- Invest our own capital, alongside theirs
- Serve as their envoys to the private equity market
Asset managers, not consultants
Limiting our service to asset management enables us to
- Focus on selecting the best funds, achieving top quartile performance, and safeguarding each investment over time
- Share our knowledge with clients, freely, from the moment we walk in the door
- Avoid the conflict of having to generate fee-based work
Leadership, Skills, and Values
What we’re good at and what we hold dear are virtually inseparable. We’ve learned from experience, and we plow that knowledge right back into everything we do on a daily basis.
Lead and adapt, without drifting
We have the know-how, experience, and discipline to adjust to changing conditions within an agreed-upon strategy. And we’re proud of that. For example, we don’t abandon the middle and lower-middle private equity markets where we are experts. Instead we look for both traditional and innovative opportunities within our sweet spot, while adapting to changing market conditions.
Building an institution, not just a firm
We take the long-term perspective. So, we seek thought leaders as clients and potential partners in our investment professionals. We invest in ourselves as professionals, as well as in our infrastructure. We act as colleagues and as a firm. Yet, no one of us speaks exclusively for CCP–we all do.
Mentors to the individuals in our network
Our partners take special pride in being able to pass on their knowledge to help guide individual professionals through transitions, new strategies, and emerging trends.
Systematic and discerning processes
Our investment processes are structured, selective, and rigorous, and we are transparent throughout our diligence. We draw upon a variety of analytical approaches, both traditional and creative, being respectful of and responsive to all participants in the process, while fulfilling our fiduciary duty.
Capitalize on rare access to sourcing
Our broad and deep network of contacts in private equity enables us to be opportunistic, innovative, and prudent in constructing attractive portfolios, both within and across sectors.
Don’t just gather information, we work it
We analyze, compare, test, develop cases, and render our own, in-depth opinions. We constantly seek to raise the bar for alternative asset management.
As industry watchers, as well as seasoned practitioners with extensive networks, we spot emerging trends early and know the difference between a trend and a fad.
We are active in our communities as members, professionals, and leaders. We volunteer our time and resources – as individuals and as a firm – to institutions and causes both within and outside of the private equity industry. We give back, we reach back, and we come back.
We believe in people. We believe that America’s diversity is its greatest asset. We aspire to embody the excellence that diversity can foster, and we are committed to expanding opportunity for all, in every sphere in which we operate.